The Sharps Xtreme Performance Bolt (XPB) with DLC (Diamond Like Carbon) Coating; extreme hard coating and scratch resistance. In addition, the new bolts have gone through a 24-hour thermal cycle proprietary heat treatment.
- Bolt: S7 Tool steel, shot peened and DLC coated (U.S. Patent No. 9,863,729)
- Extractor: 4340 Steel, Manganese Phosphate coated
- Ejector: S7, shot peened and Manganese Phosphate coated
- Extractor Pin: S7, shot peened and Manganese Phosphate coated
- Mil-Spec Extractor and Ejector Springs, Gas Rings
- Batch MPI and HPT tested
- Tensile strengths of 1550-1600 mpa, or 220,000-235,000 psi.
- Toughness of over 200 ft./lb. Charpy C-Notch
- HRC of 46 yields a 15% increase in hardness at the same toughness comparing to Carpenter 158 & 9310
Technical Data on DLC Coating
- Coating thickness: 2 - 4 μm (Micro Meter) or 2-4 μ (Microns)
- Hardness HV 0.05: 2000 – 2800 or 80+ HRC
- Deposition method: PVD UBM/PACVD
- Friction vs. steel, dry: 0.1
- Color: Carbon Black
30-Day Money Back Guarantee
Interested in our products, but hesitant on the design? We offer a 30-Day Money Back Guarantee for certain Sharps products including, the XPB, Relia-Bolt, Bolt Carrier, and Bolt Carrier Group.
XPB is drop-in compatible with all existing .223/5.56 variant parts groups and bolt carriers; no modifications or tools are necessary for installation.
If any XPB is found to have defects in materials or workmanship, Sharps will repair or replace it at no charge. You do not need to be the original owner, and no time limit applies.